Friday, August 31, 2007

Graphic design and Tokyo views...


A view from the IMG SRC office building, looking onto the backstreets of Shibuya. The Cerulean Tower hotel is the tall building right at the back, poking over the top of the foreground.
It’s a bit of an ambiguous subject in Japan: On the one hand, the country is adored for its sophisticated and highly crafted packaging design. On the other, these many excess layers account for an enormous waste of material resources. In an ongoing series, PingMag deals with the functions and meanings of commercial product packaging in Japan .

Sable cookies by Toshimaya – a famous souvenir from Kamakura, near Tokyo.
I found this really interesting japanese, Tokyo based design magazine that inspires me a lot. I will keep an eye on this magazine. Pingmag.jp. I also tried to join the asaboo network but as it seems I failed to get in ;(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Instagram